Sunday, December 03, 2006

Back in business just in time for Squidfire's Holiday Art Mart

I got my sewing machine out of hock and three days late. But it's good as new. It's just happily humming away. I've taken to calling its time away from me as time at the spa. Maybe I should send it to the spa once a year. It's just so happy now. And when the machine is happy, I'm happy. I haven't cursed at it once!

It's a good thing I got it back this weekend. At least I had a little time to work on things before the Squidfire's Holiday Art Mart next Saturday. All the vendors are now listed on their site. I know some people and others are totally new to me. It should be a fun show.


I did make some time today to go a show that I wasn't in. And I made quite a find there. A couple runs a antique business up in Pennsylvania and the woman specializes in buttons. She had tons and tons of Bakelite buttons. Aaahhh! And I didn't bring much cash and they couldn't take credit cards. That was a good thing for my wallet, but it was painful to make decisions. Actually it wasn't too hard. I just had to have a giant chocolate brown Bakelite button with a carved deco-ish design. I'm going to make it into a button for myself. I'll take a photo of it when I'm done with it. Trust me, you are going to be so jealous. I foresee a visit to a little Pennsylvania town.

5 Comments:

Blogger Rachel said...

We're planning to go to squidfire too! Should be fun!

11:20 PM  
Blogger Meredith said...

oh my gosh i just found this blog and loooooooooooooooooooooove your stuff. this is why i need to make BFF's like you.. so you can teach me to be artistically inclined.

7:43 AM  
Blogger Karyn said...

You must be sooo happy to have your sewing maching back. I can't wait to see your button.

10:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just looked at your shop and your stuff is just DARLING!!! I love your little pear hotpads!

12:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really wanted to meet you at the craft fair, but you were so busy I didn't want to intrupt! I was going to invite you to my craft night tonight!

3:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

I *Heart* Craftster
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next
« Blog Baltimore »