Wednesday, November 08, 2006

PA is a happening state this weekend

Besides the Handmade Arcade going on this Saturday in Pittsburgh, Philadelphia is lucky enough to have a brand new crafty-type boutique opening up. The Conspiracy Showroom's grand opening is also this Saturday.


Three craft ladies, who also founded the Philadelphia Craft Mafia are opening up the shop in Northern Liberties. I have sent some of my bags and pins to be part of the shop and I'm really excited to see how it goes. Opening a real live brick and mortar shop has to be a huge undertaking and I wish the ladies of Conspiracy Showroom the best!


The knitting saga continues--I sat down with my yarn, needles and instructions last night all ready to practice, practice, practice and I couldn't even get past casting on. Wah! I couldn't remember the steps for casting on that I learned with the needles. The little drawings on only three steps was not helpful. I think I figured out another way to cast on winding the yarn around my fingers, thanks to Martha Stewart's Holiday magazine which I succumbed to at JoAnns. But I'm not sure if I actually did it right and then once I got to the knitting stitch it all fell apart. Poo. Anyone know of good webcasts for knitting?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

don't get too caught up in thinking there's only ONE right way to knit or cast on. there's bunches of ways you can do it. I knit continential, my friends are "throwers" i purl in my own way to hold the yarn in a comfortable way when i first started, my friends have their own ways of doing everything differently as well. i'm looking up some good resources for you. but wanted to tell you one of the best resources...a local yarn shop can offer some quick refresher help for you if you walk in and say i don't remember how to cast on can you refresh my memory? they can help.

1:53 PM  
Blogger ann & dabney said...

YAY for knitting! have you have ever checked out KnittingHelp.com? it's FANTASTIC. http://www.knittinghelp.com/

see in p'burgh!

1:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

I *Heart* Craftster
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next
« Blog Baltimore »