Saturday, November 04, 2006

Fabric stash additions

Last weekend I made a trip to a big hospital rummage sale which always yields some good fabric buys. Plus, I picked up some sweaters for scarves. The washer made it through a full felting session and then broke. The appliance guy from our rental company says it is indeed dead and we need a new one. Who knows when we'll get it. Not great timing. But I digress. Think happy thoughts--like fabric!
When I was checking out the little old lady volunteer clearly spotted I was a sewer and almost whispered that she thinks they get stashes from estate sales. I think so too. There was a lot of large swatches from the same company. I'm very pleased with my haul.




I won't be able to dive in right away, first because of the washer situation, but also because I'm finishing up pieces for my first holiday season show, the Handmade Arcade next weekend in Pittsburgh.

In other news, I'm trying to expand my fiber experience. Tomorrow I'm going to the big Stiches East convention. I had no idea this even happened until Friday. I figure it should be inspiring and there's a free learn to knit session. I also found a weaving guild in Baltimore. Their fall classes just finished, but I'm hoping to get in on their next session.

Mr. Pink had a little exploration mishap this morning. I'm still not sure what he got into but I'm pretty sure it was somewhere in the laundry closet. I tried to scrub him down in the shower but he wasn't having it.

And those stains are greasy and hard to get out. Poor guy. He's still stained.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awe poor Mr.Pink...our kitten is not a fan of the bath either. Don't worry I'm sure he'll have a big grooming session. That's what our little one does.
Great fabrics--what fantastic finds!

9:40 PM  
Blogger Karyn said...

Awesome fabric! I'm so sorry to hear about your washing machine, it is bad timing with all that great new fabric to wash!

9:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

I *Heart* Craftster
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next
« Blog Baltimore »