Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Halloween-ish

Halloween is fun and all. Who doesn't like a reason to dress up and act silly. Myself, I'm thinking of getting myself a beehive and cute 50s dress and entering into the costume contest at my workplace where we are encouraged to dress up. But at the same time, I like accessories that can move from holiday to holiday through a whole season. So I made these pins that because of the color scheme clearly lend themselves to Halloween. But I think they really work beyond the confines of Halloween and that's a good thing. (Who am I Martha Stewart?)

Plus, the candy-corny ones were a great reason to use some of the vintage buttons I've got. Lots of unique shapes in black. And I got to name one Spaced Invader. Sometimes naming my pieces are hard, but sometimes it's just so fun and easy.

3 Comments:

Blogger Karyn said...

Those pins are GORGEOUS!! I think you should do the beehive/dress costume for Halloween, that sounds like so much fun!

7:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yay! I love them!

8:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i have wanted my hair made into a beehive for ages. I think i even posted about it last halloween. I want it then keep the beehive for like a week, wrap it in toilet paper like they used to do when they'd sleep and stuff!


those pins rock! always need more ORANGE!

12:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

I *Heart* Craftster
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next
« Blog Baltimore »