Tuesday, November 21, 2006

I think it's dead

I think my sewing machine is dead. I cleaned and oiled it just yesterday and it seemed to pull through but my tension was just getting worse and worse. Then after a decent test run I started on a bag and bang--it's a mess. The bobbin thread isn't catching at all resulting in a huge mess of thread and lots of clunking noises. I need to be good to it and take it in for a tune up. I've had it for two years now and I put it through a lot. It's just, once again, horrible timing. I specifically took off all week to get some work done for yet another show this Saturday. I hardly got anything done yesterday since I was swinging between babying the machine and yelling at it. Well I did get a lot of cutting a pressing done--but now all those pieces of bags will just be sitting in my chilly little sewing room.

I'll be calling Sears tomorrow to see how long and how much this is going to cost me. Ugh. More expenses. This little biz of mine just barely pays for itself. Any profit I was going to make on my next two shows is not probably going to be eaten by the sewing machine repair fund. And with the holidays fast approaching and Thanksgiving already here, how knows when I'll get my poor little machine back. Maybe it's the cosmos telling me to take a break from sewig a focus on knitting.

Happy Thanksgiving to all those who celebrate it. I already did some preliminary baking and cooking today to take to my parent's house for the main event. I made some extra cranberry apple relish because I love it so. And George and I are also warming up our stomachs by making Butternut Squash and Bacon Baked Pasta tonight.

1 Comments:

Blogger Karyn said...

Ohhhhhhhhh...I'm so sorry to hear about your sewing machine. When mine was acting up I was so upset. Maybe it's an excuse to get a new one?

4:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

I *Heart* Craftster
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next
« Blog Baltimore »