Friday, January 13, 2006

A Mystery

I live in an old apartment. Well, the building itself is an old rowhouse. The apartment was gutted at one point, but there are still original elements, like the floor. It's not in the greatest shape. There are big gaps between the hardwood and parts are patched. I swear things just erupt forth from these floorboards. The other night Mr Pink was batting something around the floor. George went to investigate and he found this:

Is that a knitting needle? I'm actually not a knitter. This thing looks so big and industrial, I always think of smaller and prettier knitting needles. Here's the thing. I've never seen this thing before. I've never knitted, no one I've had over has knitted. Where the heck did this thing come from? I think Mr. Pink found it in the floorboards. I swear, it just came up from below. And knitting needles come in pairs right? So where's the other one? Hmmm.
This knitting needle, if indeed that's what it is, has gotten me thinking about knitting I admire. I think these knit Mary Janes are just the cutest! Supposedly the pattern is easy, but I don't think I'm up to learning knitting this year. I many other goals to accomplish. But if anyone is up for a trade, I'm open to suggestions. I can just see myself shuffling around the house in these darlings. I'll try not to step on any mysterious knitting needles.

Ahh, that was a relaxing post. I wanted to come on and rant about my lastest grocery store trip. I just got home from it about a half hour ago. The grocery store is expanding and remodeling and it is driving me crazy. There's no love lost between me and this grocery store even on its best days. But now every time we go things are in completely different places. Last week the shampoo was across from the OJ. Now it's two rows away. I finally found sandwich bags in a aisle labeled "Kosher Food" and "Iced Tea." I really need to find another place to go, but there's aren't that many options in the city. Sigh. I just need to keep thinking about those cute Mary Janes. Email me or leave a message is you want to arrange a trade!

4 Comments:

Blogger momwith3kids said...

That thing looks like a piece of a tv antenna. It really does look like a knitting stick. LOL. That's what I call them, because I can't figure out what to use them for but sticks.

4:06 PM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

Hmm, maybe it is a TV antenna piece. It could be anything coming up form those floorboards!!

9:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i can make you a pair or two if you like! they don't take much time and they are kind of fun to knit up. no sense in not getting a pair if you just don't knit. i will share in the sweet mary jane goodness with you! just email me some ideas on what kind of yarns you like! and also your shoe size. we'll talk in email!
(jenniferATpiddleloopDOTcom)

12:57 PM  
Blogger LadyLinoleum said...

You should make the mary janes...I know you can do it. Knitting is easy. Chicks have been doing it since the dawn of time.

5:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

I *Heart* Craftster
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next
« Blog Baltimore »