Monday, December 19, 2005

The BUST Craftacular review

I feel like I'm still recovering from the Bust Holiday Craftacular. It was a crazy, jam packed show. Apparently over 4,000 shoppers came through the venue and it sure felt like it at times. All the vendors were smooshed against each other, but it was better behind the table than out front. The 12 hours flew by because people were always streaming by and looking at things, and asking questions, chatting and buying. Mostly gift items sold--all my hotpads, some fabric pins, most of m scarves, a few handbags, clutches, and totes. People were trying not to buy things for themselves. Too bad. I'm really happy with the way it turned out. Lots of people took cards and signed up for my mailing list.

My friend Beth took god care of George and I, even bringing us Thai food for dinner. Here she is displaying my table.

The venue was big. I only have photos of the big front room. I was right behind Jenny Hart from Sublime Stitching and across from Leah Kramer's (the founder of Craftster.org) Magpie store. It was like being surrounded by craft roalty! But everyone was so sweet. There were two other rooms as well. I got to wander around just a bit. Be on the lookout for Lizzie's Lollies. She makes these amazing fudgy chunky chocolate mounds. George's cousin who stopped by and modeled scarves got us one. They were sold out by the time I went to buy one for the ride home.

I have many more observations, etc. but I have to catch up. I'm behind on all my other holidays things, baking for co-workers, getting presents, wrapping, etc because I've been so focused on the show. I need to take a little tiny break. But I already have so many ideas for new lines, patterns, and bags.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

I *Heart* Craftster
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next
« Blog Baltimore »