Friday, December 16, 2005

I'm Ready (and other things)

I am ready to go to the Bust Craftacular. I am packed into two large plastic bins. Plus I have my trusty little red suitcase that will serve as my toolbox and office. And I can't forget that wonderful IKEA coat rack! Everything is tagged and priced, I have receipts, lots of change, biz cards, promo packs, pens galore, my inventory list. I really hope I'm not forgetting anything.
This is going to be a long weekend. But I very happy to be staying with a very good friend of mine in NYC. I think friendly faces that I know will make a big difference in this experience. George and I contacted some other folks we know in the city, but I don't know if we'll see them or not. Especially if the transit strike goes into effect. I just checked the latest news and it's still up in the air.

In other news, have you heard about the demise of the print Gocco? The print Gocco is this great little device that lets you make screen prints on a table top. It's really big in Japan, but now that company wants to move on. Find out more about this at SaveGocco.com.


I am getting a Gocco for Christmas and I'm really excited about it. But now with this news, it's bittersweet. Should I start hoarding Gocco supplies? I also got the attachment that allows you to print on fabric. This has been doubly excited. I already do some stenciling on fabric, but being able to print it would be so much cleaner and easier. Somehow I see hoarding of the fabric ink in my future.
I'll have a full report and photos from the bust Craftacular, perhaps by Sunday. And I still want to get some DIY gift ideas up here. In fact, let me put up one link.
These sushi magnets were not my idea, but there are so sweet. I made the whole group as presents for people last year and I still see them up on people's fridges. Some creative Craftster came up with these and shared the pattern. Get it here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

I *Heart* Craftster
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next
« Blog Baltimore »