Friday, December 02, 2005

Pretty stamps


In my business, I spend a lot of time at the post office. Well, maybe not a lot of time, but I make many trips. It's made me notice more of the special pretty stamps the post office issues. These gorgeous quilts ones are amazing. I'm not a quilter, but I sure can admire this work. I like these more contemporary looking ones compared to the traditional looking ones. Surprisingly enough they were created between 1940 and 2001 by African-American women in Gee's Bend, AL. I think it's the colors and shapes I like most. I know they are really works of art to be hung on a wall, but I kinda want to snuggle under a quilt so pretty. Of course it would covered with cat hair so that may not be such a good idea.
You might also notice the price on those stamps. Yup, the price is going up yet again. But that means you get use those fun 1 and 2 cent stamps.

And because they are just so cute, I also wanted to point out the favorite children's book characters stamps. My favorite is the Wild Thing creature popping up. Maybe all bills should be required to use these fun stamps and bring a chuckle to everyone's' day.

1 Comments:

Blogger Tigre said...

I've always like stamps, but never too much. You make an intersting point, though i have no idea what it really is... Keep it up.

5:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

I *Heart* Craftster
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next
« Blog Baltimore »