Saturday, November 19, 2005

Thrift finds

Yesterday, after my meeting at 2 Hot Art Chicks, I succumbed to the thrifting bug. And I made some stellar finds, in my opinion. I found some vintage fabric, which I'll be using to make some bags to put in my shop. Under a chair, where I missed it during my first pass through the store, I also found a sewing basket. I have my grandmother's old basket, whish is practically disintegrating. This one is newer and roomy. Although it's packed with old sewing spools. I probably won't be able to use most of it as the thread becomes weak. But some of the spools themselves are cool wooden spools. I'll have to think about what I can use them for.
This afternoon I went on a quick trip to a tiny little church thrift store up the street from me. It is very small and doesn't get a lot of new things. I have found some great things there, for very cheap.

Just because, there's a photo of my first kitty, Moco. I didn't want to cause any jealousy between my cats. Oh Moco, he's a big hunka love.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

I *Heart* Craftster
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next
« Blog Baltimore »