Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Up and Down

It always seems like when I'm having a down day and doubting if managing an online shop is worth it--I get an order. That always makes me feel somewhat better.
I have some plans in the works for promoting the shop. As soon as I get my one-inch button order in I'll be working like mad to get 100 samples off to The Sampler for December. There's also a holiday gift guide I need to get around to sending to my mailing list. I really scoured the online shops for some greats things, including guy stuff, which can be difficult to find. There's even a gift I'm going to get for George.
The shop itself is in need of an update, but I got nothing. I was sick with a cold for a week and I didn't have any interfacing so I didn't get any sewing done for a week or so. Usually I can get a lot done over the weekend, but this past weekend was taken up with an out of town wedding. That's us down below. I'm wearing one of my own fabric flower pins.


But now I'm over the cold and I bought a whole bolt of interfacing just for myself. It's the first time I've ever done that. Thirty yards of interfacing! But it's worth it now that I don't have to run to the fabric store every time I need it. Or have a mini-breakdown whenever all the fabric stores in the area are out of it and don't know when they're going to order it again! The bolt came in massive box, probably about 4 and a half feet long. Mr. Pink (cat #2) loves it. We've added it to the paper bag and box playground on the kitchen floor.

I may need all that interfacing though, if I get into the Bust Holiday Craftacular show in Brooklyn. I applied yesterday. Luckily, I only have to wait until next Monday to hear if I'm in or not. Since it's the first show I've ever applied to, I wouldn't be surprised if I didn't get in. It would be a crazy show for my first. It runs from 12am-12pm and let's just say that's past my bedtime.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

I *Heart* Craftster
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next
« Blog Baltimore »