Tuesday, November 15, 2005

America Recycles Day

So it's America Recycles Day today. Happy recycling. I like when recycling and reusing gets extreme. I do a little with my business. All of my scarves are made from salvaged sweaters. I felt them and then make them into scarves or use the felt for other sewing projects. I just finished two new scarves last night. They're a new design. Hopefully they'll be up in the shop tonight or tomorrow.
I also use salvaged fabrics. I've used vintage curtains, tablecloths, maternity dresses, pillowshams, and toasters covers. It's so much fun to take something that's starting to look tired in one form and turn it into something new and useful. At least when they work out right!


Tiffany Tomato Designs is a pretty cool design site that recycles tons of things. There are some free projects too. Very creative. I don't think I could ever save enough film canisters to make a room divider!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

I *Heart* Craftster
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next
« Blog Baltimore »