Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Thanks for the grub

I'm getting into the Thanksgiving spirit. Last night I tried a new recipe, Pumpkin Pasta, and it was delicious. And tonight I made my apple cranberry relish to take to my parent's house. I could eat the whole container before we go it is so yummy.
Thanksgiving is one of the best holidays around. I mean, it's about food. You sit around and eat really good food--at least in my family you do. Everything is home made. We have a big chicken and two ducks. One for each of my brothers, we joke. My dad's new traditional stuffing is a susuage stuffing with golden raisins. The first year we had it, my brother even ate some raisins without even knowing it--not a big fruit and veggie eater. I've taken over making my mom's honey rolls and I've started my own tradition of bringing pumpkin biscuits and apple cranberry relish. My mom told me she's already made the pumpkin bread, whish is really more a pumpkin cake. It's better after it's sat around a bit. Of course there are the staples, like mashed potatoes, corn pudding, butternut squash, and some other veggie and pumpkin pie if we have any room left.
Mmmm.
Then there are leftovers.
The picture below is from two Thanksgivings ago. The table is still filling up with dishes. We use the windowsill to hold even more. It was the last time my grandma came to our house for Thanksgiving. So there won't be as many chairs around the table this year.
Eat up everyone!

1 Comments:

Blogger LadyLinoleum said...

Sounds like you had a fabulous time! And the food...yeah, I'm with ya there girlie! I love T-day and I was cooking for two days to prove it...our tummies are sated though.

11:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

I *Heart* Craftster
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next
« Blog Baltimore »