Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Last minute DIY gifts

Due to computer issues I don't have time to make a whole post of my own, but I wanted to link to another great last minute DIY gift. Record bowls--that's right bowls made from old vinyl records-- are lots of fun to make. You can make them four pointed, shallow, or tall. Once you get the hang of how hot your oven needs to be and get some good bowls to use as templates, these are fast and easy to make. They're great for holding candy or other wrapped food items, odds and ends like keys, and if you put a glass bowl in the bottom of the record bowl you can also serve things like salsa in them. I also made these for people last Christmas along with the sushi magnets (in the post below).

Directions for making record bowls can be found here!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

I *Heart* Craftster
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next
« Blog Baltimore »