Thursday, December 29, 2005

The Loot

I have been a bad blogger. But I have a good excuse. George accidentally deleted all my files on our computer. He was attempting to burn them all, but instead they disappeared. That means my biz was kinda in limbo. All of the forms I had made, all the photos I had taken, ads and logos, etc--gone. So instead of doing holiday things before Christmas we had to go and buy Data Rescue II and try to get all my files back. And then George left for his parent's house, so I got to deal with it. Luckily files were rescued, but there's just a ton of junk. You have to go through it all to find the files though. Ugh. And I had everything so well organized. It's practically like starting from scratch. George has been doing penance by going through the files too. But we still haven't found everything or even half.
So that's my excuse. After sitting in front of the computer dealing with all of the lost files, I really didn't have the energy to sit down again and blog. (Plus the digi cam was with George in Columbus and I like to have photos with my posts.)
So Christmas was good. It's quiet at my parent's house because we don't have much family. But here's some loot I'm happy to have!
-Long Way Round DVD from George. I adore Ewan McGregor even more now. I didn't get to see much of it when it aired on Bravo and then they moved it to the 2am slot. But it's good. I have one more episode to go. He also gave my Project Runway First Season. Good thing too. I think we finally taped over the final episode.


-Garbage Land:On the Secret Trail of Trash from Beth. What a good friend to get me this book. I didn't know about it but it is exactly the kind of book I like--on the trail of something. I started it and already I'm inspired to go through all my trash for one day to examine what it says about me. At work today I saved all the paper I normally would have thrown out and cut it into scraps that I can write notes on. That's one thing I know I'm bad at--throwing away paper at work. It will be one of my resolutions for the New Year to conserve and reuse paper in the office. I also requested to be taken off numerous catalog mailing lists. I don't need them, I shop online anyway. I need to look into putting a stop to more junk mail. See how inspiring this book is?
- Bee Necklace from Pimienta Negra from myself! I needed a little gift for myself right before the holidays so I got it for myself. It's lovely and I want to get a photo of it on myself.
-The Print Gocco from my parents. I am very excited about this although I haven't had time to watch the instructional video yet. I have lots of ideas on how to use this fantastic little device. Be on the look out for an expansion of the Mustachio Collection courtesy of the Gocco.

1 Comments:

Blogger LadyLinoleum said...

Awesome stuff girlie!

Wishing you much joy, wonder and creative discovery in '06!

4:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

I *Heart* Craftster
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next
« Blog Baltimore »