Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Six Weird Things

I was tagged by Rebekka to reveal six weird things about myself. Will do--let's go.

1. My right hand pinkie finger is a little mutant. It's about half an inch shorter than my left hand pinkie finger and I never ever noticed until I was about 12 years old. One of the bones in my hand is shorter so the pinkie is a shrimp and my pinkie knuckle doesn't line up with all the other knuckles. It actually looks like I don't have a knuckle. You never would have noticed if I hadn't told you though.

2. Do "earbuds" headphones work for other people? Are my ears mutated too? Because they don't work for me. I see other people at the gym easily slip them into each ear with just one hand and go on to boogie and shake. I have to jam them into my ears and the left one falls out pretty much right away even if I'm not doing anything. And when it is in my ear I can't even hear though that "earbud" very well. Am I alone here because I feel weird. Why??

3. I don't like cream cheese or sour cream. Eh. No strong feelings there, I just don't like them. Although, add some sugar to the cream cheese and slap it on a carrot cake and I'll change my tune. Yum--mee!

4. I sing to my cats often. I make up little songs for them and serenade them often using crazy variations on their names. Somehow Moco became Moemie, which rhymes with bologna. That was then shortened to Moems Bologns--that's his mob name. Both my cats also look like aquatic mammals. Moco of course is the Orca, killer whale and Mr. Pink is the baby beluga. I could go on and on about the cats. I'll spare you.


5. My first word was not "Mom" or "Dad" or anything like that. In fact, I didn't bother to talk until I was about 3 years old. My two older brothers claim that my first words, in order were, "No, "Stop," and "Sit in rain." I suppose I had to defend myself from my brothers who once melted crayons and told me it was Jello to get me to eat it.

6. I like to watch the World's Strongest Mancompetitions. I can't look away. I came across these competitions in college, I think. And these men pulling trucks and airplanes and lifting refrigerators captivated me. It also helps that these men are massive and have crazy Scandinavian names with little teeny wives that yell at them from the sidelines in their native language. I also love that the competitions are in unlikely locales, I think the last one was in China. It's also been held in small African countries. Whenever it comes on ESPN I have to watch it. I'm proud to say an American won in 2006. Go Phil.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This was amusing. Moems Bologns is such a good mob name.

4:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you're not a circus freak. I can't wear ear buds either. They don't fit in my ears, they are too big. And if i can cram them in there...they make my ear hurt and sore. I use sony ones that are shaped different and go in my ear ok. I also have a small pinhead.

pets are meant to sing and dance with! i carry on CONVERSATIONS with nat's cat. Talk to my dogs all the time. But nat's cat will meow back at me like he's talking to me..therefore deluding me into think he's actually talking to me. fun fun.

i am a circus freak, i know it!

1:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I can't wear ear buds either. My ear lacks the "ridge" below the ear canal (called the antitragus). This feature is essential to keeping the earbuds in place.

It's a really annoying condition. Not only do I have trouble with earbuds, but some Bluetooth headsets also rely on the same principles to keep them in place.

10:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

I *Heart* Craftster
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next
« Blog Baltimore »