Sunday, August 06, 2006

Photo shoot

One of the issues with moving to our new place was the lack of outdoor space. We do have a fire escape, but it's not the easiest to access (hmm, is that a problem since it's a fire escape?) In the old apartment we always took photos out on our deck. It was great to utilize the natural light and we had a brick background. But today it was photo shoot day so we had to decide where to do it. We ended up doing it in the back of our apartment building against wall of another building. I think they turned out fairly well, thanks to my photographer, George. And no one bothered us out there.
Here's a preview of some of my new late summer fall goodies!
I've done a whole series of soft jersey scarves. They're good for the in between weather, even in the summer they're not bad, just as long as it's not 102 degrees like it was last week! Some of them have a crazy vintage wavy tiger like pattern in pink and orange. There's a bit of it on the scarf below.

And this bag is one of my favorites. Check that print! Darling, right. It's from a vintage Sears dress. Go Sears! There's a velvet ribbon along the side with some vintage buttons. Each bag will have a different center button.

You can see my new shoes in the photo. I wasn't even intending to get shoes. George was out looking for sneakers and those green peep toe numbers just seduced me. I needed some girly-ish green shoes. And they are really comfy! They're all soft and padded on the inside.
And one more. These a the only two of the Waffer Pouch made from vintage cloth napkins. I love the square buttons on these. But I've noticed at shoes people seem hesitant to make a go at the buttons. You just need to push them on through. So I think I may start using magnetic snaps on this style of pouch. I just love buttons, plus those magnets are really strong. I don't want them to mess up anyone credit card. But I think I may have to make the change.

These aren't in the shop yet. I have to sit down and spend some time with Photoshop and Dreamweaver. It'll happen tomorrow or Tuesday, hopefully. If you MUST have something shown sooner, email me.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

our fabric choices are to drool for!! all your products are just LOVELY!!! gosh, you make a person fiend for more $$ :D hope you sell a ton, cuz they are beautiful!

12:51 AM  
Blogger Karyn said...

I LOVE the clutches and the bag...but I have to tell you, those shoes are to die for! Green and orange are my favourite colours, I'm jealous!

1:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

I *Heart* Craftster
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next
« Blog Baltimore »