Sunday, July 09, 2006

The new place

As promised here are some photos of the new place. The photos are mostly of smaller details of the place that I think give you an idea of the whole.

This fireplace is ten time better than our hole in the wall of our past apartment. Plus it's clean so the cats can hop in and out (it's non-working so no toasted kitties.)


I love the inside walls of the fireplace. All the details remind me of barnacles on a dock or ship.
I also love the super high old tin ceilings we have in both the front main room and the bedroom. This is what I get to wake up to every morning.

There's just so much interest there I never get bored gazing up at it.

And now I have my own little craft and sewing room. It's not big, but it's wonderful to have my own space and a door to keep the cats out when necessary. It's one of the bizarre little rooms connected off of our bedroom.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oooooh tin ceiling?
your little crafting/sewing room looks really swanky!

8:38 PM  
Blogger santhana s said...

i'm in love with that fireplace!

10:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on finally having a craft room. BTW, the bizarre little rooms are called trunk rooms. They are rooms used for storage. And keep in mind, back when these old places were built, when people traveled they carried large trunks and stayed longer, they didn't fly in for the weekend with their Samsonite luggage. So now you know what's up with that bizzare room.

7:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

I *Heart* Craftster
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next
« Blog Baltimore »