Monday, July 03, 2006

Baltimore. We have internet.

I'll just say I'm happy to finally be connected to the web again--I won't go into the unpleasantness of dealing with two different companies and wasting 7 hours of our lives waiting for one of the said companies to show during two scheduled appointment times.

So the move is done. It seemed like it went on forever. While carrying down some more stuff from our own place, I felt like Sisyphus rolling the rock up the mountain only to have it roll down again. But it is finally over. Before we left our old place and neighborhood, George and I took a walk to take some photos of things we would miss.

The biggest thing I'll miss is our deck. It was such a wonderful little green space that provided us with a little privacy in the city. And I could take the cats out there to get some fresh air.



I'll also miss the great video store right down. George and I almost had simultaneous heart attacks when we went to Blockbuster near my parents to rent a movie. It's high way robbery! But this little store had everything we needed at the right price. It was especially convenient when we woud get snowed in. The guy who owns it would open it up so the whole neighborhood could curl up with some good movies.


To a lesser extent, I'll miss the seasonal decorations in the corner pharmacy. I never really used the store, but I always enjoyed seeing the woman come to change out the decorations.


There are also things we will not miss about our old place.

The aforementioned three flights of skinny stairs will not be missed.


The trail of tears to the trash will not be missed. Keep going. To the end of the block, around to corner and keep going...


The trash left in our front vestibule by our neighbors. This poor little birdie represents the mess. Yes, he has trash stuffed in his little broken backside and a cigarette butt. How could you?!?


For some reason I forgot to take a photo of the "fireplace" in our old place. It was basically a tiled hole in the wall. And there was no flue and it was dirty. So we had to just cover it up, to save our heat and A/C as well as our kitties.

Ahh, that was good to get out. I'm settling pretty well in the new place. I'm happy with all the space we have. I did a lot of organizing in my little sewing room today. Next up, photos of the new place.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I lived in Baltimore 2000-2003 before moving to San Francisco. I am reliving my daily walks to The Avenue (I lived near 36th and Falls) through your fun and interesting blog. It's never easy to move, but perhaps soon you will find comfort in your new digs. Cheers!

Kate Dana

4:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

I *Heart* Craftster
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next
« Blog Baltimore »