Friday, June 09, 2006

Art Star Review and Trades!

Finally, the long overdue Art Star update. I can partially blame blogger--it was giving me a heap 'o trouble this week. Let's begin.

The weather was fairly uncooperative on Saturday. Ugh. I don't have any walls for my tent/booth so we had to improvise and tape up some plastic sheeting to protect things. It was also windy so everyone was running around trying to find things to weigh their tents down. Luckily my dad was kind enough to get some cinder blocks for me which worked well. But we had to weigh down my coat rack because it blew over twice.

That being said, people still showed up on Saturday and I had a great response to my new bangle bags.

I had some lovely neighbors, and some time to run around and say hi to others. George is the one who really walks around. He's such the little social butterfly. I talk to people and they're like 'Oh yeah, I met your boyfriend." Ha! This is the first show where I actually did some trades. Take a look at my loot! It makes me very happy.


Curious Bird traded with me and I got this rad pillow and the sweetest little coin purse. She has some fab vintage fabrics.


From my neighbor Kate of Flederhaus I got this little tin with men petting a giant bunny. Too funny. And I got a map pouch to give to George.

One the first day Lusterbunny and I traded and I got a gorgeous pendant that I wore the next day--and some magnets.

We also spent some money at Mogo and met Ann and Dabney. And George got himself a "man bag" from reiter8.


We didn't know there were so many others from Baltimore. We met another couple who run Imogene. Plus I got to see Jennifer's Cotton Monsters up close.
I wish I could mention everyone. You'll just have to go to the Art Star to see everyone who was there. Plus, some people may be there on the 24th for the raindate! Not me, I'm moving the day after.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oooh great links! i think i want to order from lusterbunny!

11:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi rebecca! it was so nice to meet you and george. i mean it about getting together for garlic fries and some no-nonsense beer!

3:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

I *Heart* Craftster
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next
« Blog Baltimore »