Sunday, April 30, 2006

The Cadillac of Rummage Sales

This week I made time to go to the Cadillac of rummage sales in this area, the GBMC Nearly New Sale. As always, I came away with lots of great stuff. Besides finding fabric remnants and notions, I also found a great skirt, a top, some books, and a beyond weird little dish set. Unfortunately, I didn't find a top to wear to a wedding I'm attending next weekend. The skirt would be great, but no top.
But back to the good stuff.
I found some great fabric remnants and some napkins I'll definitely be using to make some clutches.

The purple/maroon fabric is just enough to make a tote bag with the pattern on both sides. Plus, I found some navy blue straps that will go with the fabric perfectly. The red and gold stuff is crazy. It's feeling more fall/winter to me, so I may just hold onto it until then.
And now, the crazy dish set. I didn't see it on my first pass through. But once it caught my eye, I had to have it. The bowl alone makes the purchase worthwhile. You have to see it--I can't explain...

Ok, well, do you see that! There's a little plate with the girl's feet. The mug has her body, don't ask me where her arms are. And the bowl on top is her head! Of course, if you just put the bowl on the plate, she's got no body! Poor little bowl head girl.

I can't wait to eat ice cream out of her head. I'm not sure I'll use the other pieces that much. The mug with just her torso kinda creeps me out. She's definitely a display piece.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks so much for the shout out at the switchboards! nat got a kick out of the article! guess what's getting mailed out tomorrow??? yes YOU"RE PACKAGE oh yes you heard me. it's going in the mail tomorrow! coming your way!

12:51 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I have the exact same set; I received it when I was about five or six years old; now I'm 29. I'm trying to find out exactly what it's called. I know they make other versions, but I've never been able to find any info on it.

12:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

I *Heart* Craftster
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next
« Blog Baltimore »