Sunday, March 26, 2006

Quick weekend project: cake stand

I originally saw this idea in Budget Living. But over at Craftster someone posted that it had also appeared in some ladies magazine. So it's just one of those common projects. I wanted to make another cake stand as a little display/holder for my pins at the upcoming Spring Bada-Bing.
What you need:
A plate (glass or ceramic, heck plastic will do)
A base of some kind (a mug, candle holder, vase, glass or ceramic)
A strong adhesive, like E600

Last weekend while thrifting I found a plate and a mug to use:

Dollar stores are also a good place to find materials. My other cake stand was made from a big candle holder for a pillar candle and a color coordinated plate.

Make sure your plate and base are nice and clean. Then simply use your adhesive to stick the base to the bottom of the plate, centered, of course:


Ta-da. A cute little cake stand, good for pies, cookies, brownies, or displaying pins at a craft fair.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

I *Heart* Craftster
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next
« Blog Baltimore »