Saturday, April 08, 2006

More spring cleaning and taxes

George and I recently invested in a dyson vacuum cleaner. It is an amazing piece of machinery. It may just be the weapon we use to conquer the army of cat hair invading and occupying every inch of our apartment. It's tempting to just vacuum the cats. Besides the sheer power of the dyson, it is quite satisfying to see all the dirt and fur sucked up into the canister. And it's even more satisfying to empty it in the trash and remove it from my life.

That may just be gross to you. Sorry.

I also started my taxes last weekend. This is the first year that I have to include all business in my taxes. I was dreading it really. I've been doing all my own business financial records and state taxes, etc. But I'm no expert, I just can't afford to have my own accountant. I ended up using TurboTax online. Overall, I guess it worked out well. But when finishing up this week printing forms to send out to the IRS, I really got frustrated with the program. I consider myself an educated person, but some of their instructions were ridiculous--telling me not to send printed copies of my return, when in fact, that's precisely what I needed to do because I hadn't signed my return online--which was another annoyance. But it's all done. It certainly taught me I need to keep much more organized records this year. I'm on it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

I *Heart* Craftster
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next
« Blog Baltimore »