Sunday, May 14, 2006

The apartment hunt

Sigh. The apartment hunt is not going very well and it's very frustrating. It made the weekend rather stressful. We saw four places this weekend and one that I thought would be very promising was disappointing. The apartment itself is great. The bedrooms are a little small, but the kitchen is an eat-in, which I love. But get this--we would have to go outside and into a door a couple doors down to do our laundry. Four old buildings are attached, but the laundry room isn't connect by a stairwell to all of them. Perhaps I'm spoiled, but we have a washer/dryer in our apartment now, which for some reason is quite common in Baltimore. But I really don't want to have to lug all my laundry down three flights of stairs out onto a fairly busy sidewalk and then into this separate basement door--especially when it's not saving me any on my current rent. And the place doesn't have a deck. And I love my outdoor space.
So the most promising apartment didn't exactly wow us. I don't know what were going to do. I don't think we'd even consider the other places we saw. Many are simply too small or have really small kitchen--I actually cook, so that's a problem. Or the apartment is not in the best area.
I've made a couple more calls and left messages, but I'm really not feeling good about something opening up within the next 4 weeks.
Anyway, getting all stressed out about moving doesn't really make me want to sew. I did get a bag done today, a skinny tote made from the maroon island fabric I picked up from the GBMC rummage sale.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

I *Heart* Craftster
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next
« Blog Baltimore »