Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Fabric Swap

As I mentioned below, I went to a farbic swap hosted by the Philadelphia Sewing Collective while I was in town for the weekend. I happened to see an ad for the swap and figured, if I'm already in town for a wedding I'm might as well stay for fabric. And I was not disappointed. It was a gorgeous Sunday in Philadelphia and the swap was right off Rittenhouse Square. There was so much great stuff there. I brought some fabric to swap, but I was just ashamed of what I had, so I ponied up cash for everything. A young woman there that I got a whole batch of great fabric from was also selling really pretty cards. I made sure to get a card as she said her website was in the works--but I can't find the card anywhere now! It must have gotten lost in all the shuffle from my parent's house back to Baltimore. I believe she's a member of the collective, so I'll just have to keep an eye out for her site.
Below are two batches of fabric I got. Some is more spring like than others. I love the purple and blue/green/gold one. It reminds me of a Cadbury chocolate wrapper, except there are birds on it.



And I also got two huge ziplock bags of buttons. These a just a few samples, and most of these have matching sets.

When I left the swap I was just so pleased with my haul and chatting with other crafters there. People are so generous with their fabric and notions--and there was yarn for the knitters too. I would really love to have a Baltimore fabric swap. I've already been thinking about some places in the city to have something like this.

2 Comments:

Blogger trudesign said...

I LOVE this fabric!

7:31 PM  
Blogger megan said...

I see you bought some of my fabrics. Thank you for your kind words and for coming out to support PSC!

10:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

I *Heart* Craftster
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next
« Blog Baltimore »