Monday, July 24, 2006

ArtScape 06

I wasn't even supposed to be here this past weekend for ArtScape. But after 12 hours at the airport George and I decided to forego trying to get to Boston to meet up with his family. I won't bore you with the excruciating details, I'll just recommend you don't use AirTran for any of your travel needs.

So even though we missed out on Boston where I was planning on visiting Magpie and buying fun stuff as well as
the South End Open Market to buy perhaps more stuff, I did get to go to my fourth straight ArtScape, or as some like to call it FoodScape.
I hate to say it, but a lot of the art is starting to look the same (the food vendors are all the same too, but that's ok). I can indentify the same people over and over again. But every year I find someone I like. This year the find of scape was Green Star Studio aka Danamarie. From Baltimore, no less! I love finding more artsy crafty types doing their thing in B-more! Dana has a background in art and does some amazing illustration works. I bought some of her cards, one of them is below, with the birdie.

She also knits up some cuddly Knitimals. I just want to honk this guy's hooter.

Dana even has these order forms for kids, or, er, um, older "kids" to select the features their Knitimal will have--hairy legs, big honker, antennae, etc.
While George and I were walking around the scape, we really felt it's time for the alternative craft types to start infiltrating the mainstream art/craft fairs. Let's rise up!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

I *Heart* Craftster
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next
« Blog Baltimore »