Tuesday, July 11, 2006

B-day

Yesterday I celebrated my birthday with a trip to the beach. Unfortunately it wasn't a great beach day--too windy and the water was freezing. But we still stuffed ourselves with crabs and poked around some outlet shops. We also visited the thrift store outlet, as I call it. It's the biggest thrift store in Delaware right across from all the outlets. I found a few things to use in some of my crafts.
George gave me a lovely necklace from Doubeldutch Boutique. I don't know who it's made by because it didn't come with a tag or card. I'll have to dig for some information.


I also got a vintage bathing suit top, not for my birtday, but it happened to come on my birthday. I found it at Joules' Etsy shop. She's got some other things I have my eye on as well. But this top fits great. I don't think I can wait until my next beach trip to wear it.

Isn't the pattern great? All those little parasols. I wish I had yards and yards of the fabric.

In other news I'm contemplating applying to Craftin Outlaws. George has family in Columbus, so we'd have a free place to stay--the way craft fairs are financially feasible for us. But it's still a long drive for a one day show. Hmm. Thoughts?

****UPDATE****
Ask and I shall receive, almost. Joules is hooking me up with some more bits of the parasol fabric!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

I *Heart* Craftster
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next
« Blog Baltimore »