Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Disappointments and Comebacks

I heard from Crafty Bastards and unfortunately did not get into the show scheduled for October. It's really too bad since it's in DC, which is really close to me. And I already have a tent for an outside show. Although after the rain during my last two outdoor shows, I'm not sure I was ready to submit to the whims of mother nature again.
Crafty Bastards was the very first alternative crafty show I went to and it would have been fitting to go this year as a vendor, but it was just not meant to be. I'll most likely go anyway and just enjoy getting to take a look at everything. I'm hoping to see some new stuff and meet some new people. If you are in the area I highly recommend the show.



There are other things in the works over at Bake Sale Designs so I can't mope around. Toyota is getting behind the whole DIY craft scene with the promotion of the their new little car the Yaris. They have a tour starting up this month called Yarisworks and have teamed up with buyolympia.com to have a shop. I'll have to items featured in the shop. One of my pin designs as well as the Handlebar Mustachio Tote. It will be interesting to see how this project turns out.
I'm also pleased to have my bags in Satya Boutique in Philadelphia. I met Romy, the owner and founder of Satya at ArtStar. What's great about the boutique is the mission behind it. Romy wants people to have a connection to the clothing and accessories and know where it came from and who made it.

In the next few weeks and months, I'm hoping to announce even more shops across the county that will be carrying my goods. Back to work!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear your disappointing news...but wanted to tell how much I love you jersey scarfs. All you stuff is great! Keep on keepin on.
Liz

8:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

I *Heart* Craftster
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next
« Blog Baltimore »