Sunday, February 19, 2006

Scarf Sale! And I wish in were in Australia!

I wish winter were over, but it's not. The groundhog says we have six more weeks. And since most of the country just got tons of snow, I think he's serious. Check out the winter scarf sale in my shop. Keep warm!


Perhaps in an effort to forget about the cold weather outside, George and I visited the new Australia exhibit at the Baltimore aquarium. It feels like we've been watching the new building rise up from the ground for years. But once we were inside, it was kind of disappointing. The Australia exhibit only occupies the top part of this huge green house looking structure. If you want to learn more about the building go here. My favorite animal in that exhibit was the pig-nosed turtle. I already have a thing for turtles. And I do have to admit, the exhibit was full of them, and this guy was super cute.

The best part of the whole visit, however, was a special exhibit on frogs. I saw frogs I never could have imagined. Plus, it wasn't nearly as crowded in that exhibit, so I can get down and put my nose the glass without knocking over an kids. The Vietnamese frog was by far the craziest. It's like something out of Star Trek. Very cool.

Yeah, that's a frog, a moss frog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

I *Heart* Craftster
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next
« Blog Baltimore »