Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Self Portrait Tuesday

The theme this month is "all of me." (Edited to say, "oopps!" I guess I just wanted January to be over with. Either way I think my photo works. It's personal history too.) And it's not supposed to be pretty--it's supposed to be about facing the parts of yourself you don't like. I'm pretty lucky, I suppose, in that I like the way I look for the most part. But I do take some horrible photographs--usually when I'm in mid-sentence. I have a fairly animated face when I'm around good friends and that can make for some unflattering photos. but in the age of digital cameras, I can just make George delete those bad photos.
But in the spirit of the theme I'm going to post a naked photo of myself--as a baby! (Ugh, let's see what kind of google seraches my blog turns up in now!)
We've all got them, those baby in the bathtub photos. And they're the only photos of unclothed bodies that are acceptable to ohh and ahh over in polite comapny. Then we get all uptight over the body and its connotations and the consequences involved. But wasn't it nice to be so free, so uninhibited? If you can even remember the time.

My brothers are also in the photo, but I cut them out because I didn't ask their permission to post their naked bath photos on the internet. But you can tell even without seeing much of them that we are having a ball, and I'm something of a plaything to them. I love how I look like a perplezed rubber doll. Look at that belly! So round and cute. Something that is now not prized by mainstream society. But soft bellies are nice. Six pack abs are just over kill if you ask me.
So that's the only naked photo you'll ever see of me on the internet!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

I *Heart* Craftster
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next
« Blog Baltimore »