Saturday, February 18, 2006

The Week in Review and Some Cool Finds

I've been a bad blogger. I completely forgot about Self-portrait Tuesday on Tuesday. I remembered on Wednesday, but I just couldn't bring myself to post the photo I was thinking of--me in mid motion. It's just not right. I don't think I need to accept myself captured in such a way and I didn't want to inflict it on the web.
So next week I'll have to come up with a good self-portrait.
During the week I succumbed to some cute things that I had to have. That Pork Chop Girl did it again with an adorable black ruffled sweater. Here it is. I don't normally do ruffles, but I think the sweater will work on me. Hopefully I'll get it today!
I found this cute little guy through a comment on my blog:

He's a little pin cushion that comes with a card from Good Morning Sunshine's Etsy shop. I'm so glad Elizabeth left a comment here because I'm not sure I ever would have found her shop in the great wide sea of Etsy. I actually need a new pin cushion, but this little hooty is so cute, I'm not sure I'll be able to stick pins in him! Maybe he can just guard and watch over my pins in the old pin cushion I made.
In other news this week, George got an internship in graphic design. He's a professional artist but lately he's been making a transition to graphic design. He already has the eye and the ideas, he just has to learn all he programs, which he's been doing, and get some experience. Anyone out there need some freelance graphic design done, logos, etc, leave a comment for me or email me through the shop.
And what entry would be complete without an update about the cats. Mr. Pink got into the fireplace, which we keep sealed off from curious kitties. He did it in the middle of the night so I did see all the soot all over his pretty pink ears until I got out of the shower and he came to greet me. No photos. I just wanted to clean him up.
Lastly, some Bake Sale Designs news. If you don't already know about the Happily Handmade Giveaway, it's on! You can enter to win one of, I think about 80 gift baskets full of great stuff from indie and craft designers. I dontated some of my own things. You can enter at each sponsors site. Here's the Bake Sale Designs entry page. you can sign up for my newsletter at the same time. I usually use it to announce sales and other specials.
I was also surprised and extremely flattered this week when an editor of a web zine that's about to relaunch with a new look and direction contacted me to do an interview! It just feels good to be noticed out of so many small businesses that are doing great indie and craft work. No links yet. When the zine relaunches, I'll be posting more information here.

1 Comments:

Blogger elizabeth said...

i'm so glad that he arrived safely!!!

hugs!

2:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

I *Heart* Craftster
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next
« Blog Baltimore »