Monday, February 06, 2006

I love presents in the mail

I love getting packages in the mail--who doesn't? It's especially nice when UPS doesn't mess up delivery. I actually trust my USPS lady more than the other delivery methods. But back on topic--presents!
Over at Craftster I joined in a swap a little while ago, the Craft Crap Swap 3. It allowed me to clean out some of my crafts stuff, lots of fabric and, well, other crap. And today I got my big box from my partner. It was lots of fun and I needed it this Monday. I think everyone should get presents every Monday to start the week off right.
My cats were really into the box--new smells and all. Moco did some sniffing and then left me to it. But Pinky couldn't get enough and would hardly let me see what was inside.

So I made him a little cape from some fabric in the box. It looks so good on him! He's so dashing. That's the only photo I snapped that didn't have him clawing and biting at the knot.

On to my loot! There was some gorgeous Asian inspired brocade fabric. My photography skills really didn't capture the colors well at all. And there's lots of other fabrics, including one that has a golfer on it. I like it!
There was also a pattern for a stuffed animal, lots of bottle caps, buttons (I haven't even looked at them all), some great paper and stickers--I was immediately inspired to make some Valentines. My partner also included some illustrations and other cut outs from magazines. I don't do much with paper, but with some of the work already done for me, I think I can have some fun. And I've never done much with bottle caps, so now I get to search for some good projects on Craftster.

And here's a close up of the golfer fabric. It's so funny. I love it!

There's another swap, The Chocolate Swap, that I'm thinking of signing up for at Craftster as well.

And to top it all off, I also got another package in the mail today--lots of promo goodies from other business and crafty ladies. There's some seriously good stuff in there! But it's not for me. It's for my customers. Each order in my shop gets a little baggie of goodies and coupons.

1 Comments:

Blogger LadyLinoleum said...

What a great bunch of goodies!

7:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

I *Heart* Craftster
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next
« Blog Baltimore »