Sunday, February 05, 2006

What a Super Sunday

I don't really "do" the superbowl, but I also don't want to miss out on all he finger foods that other people get to eat at those parties. So today, George and I made soft pretzels. We didn't make any "Mick Jager" lip pretzels this time. That usually happens when George gets fed up with trying to roll the dough. We've got pretzel initials for everyone, R for me, G for George, which I think came out very well. An M for moco and a P for Mr. Pink. I didn't want to have two Ms. I just used a recipe I found on the web. I'd post it, but I don't really like the directions. It says to mix the yeast in with the flour rather than letting it sit and do it's thing in warm water first. But if you want to have a go at it, just search for "90 Minute Soft Pretzels" on Google.

I mixed up a double batch so we have lots to nibble on. I already ate quite a few. And now I'm eyeing the gooey brownies that are cooling on the stove top.

I've added a few more links to my shops link page. And two are people that contacted me to swap links! It's a first for me. And since I may not be the only one who needs something else to do rather than watch the superbowl, how about another great American past time? Shopping?
Here are some of my new link partners:
Andrea over at Pretty raccoon Clothing sells spectacular silk screened tops. I wish I knew how to silk screen. Her tops are very cool though, no?


Handmade Julz makes some mighty cool jewelry. It kinda takes the idea of marble jewelry but really makes it more sophisticated. You can choose from tons of images to make yourself a bracelet, ring or necklace.


I really need some more stationery and cards. Mayhemm makes cards that you might not be able to send to your Grandma--unless you have one heck of a cool Grandma--but you need cards like this in your collection.


Finally there's Pillows for the People. If ever there was a reason for smell-o-internet it's these handmade pillows filled with either Lavender, Geranium Rose or Chamomile Peppermint.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

those pretzels = awesome!

2:48 PM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

They're only two pretzels left as of Monday afternoon!

5:25 PM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

Beth, I really don't remember how to do it. And I don't have any equipment. And with you and Chris in my group, I probably didn't do much of the actual art part anyway!

9:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

I *Heart* Craftster
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next
« Blog Baltimore »