Sunday, February 12, 2006

Things to do when snowed in

Baltimore got some snow last night. Compared to many other parts of the area nearby as well as the rest of the country, we didn't get much at all. But it's certainly enough to slow down the city. So today I stayed in.
I wanted to see what my cats would do when faced with snow. I've seen Moco's response before, but this is my first snowfall with Mr. Pink. I captured their little snow adventure.

They're only allowed on our deck to go outside. That's what they were faced with. I loved their different reactions. Moco, true to form, tried to eat the snow. Then he was done with it all. Mr. Pink was much more curious. He stepped his paws into the snow numerous times but didn't like what happened. Still he tried to get out a little bit.

After their attempts trying to play outside were thwarted by the snow, they got all riled up and did some wrestling. See below for the action:

It's disturbing to see tufts of black fur standing out against Mr. Pink's white mouth. Same goes for white fur sticking out of Moco's paws. For the most part they're just having fun. When Moco doesn't want to play anymore, we all know it by his diva like screams.
So what else did I do today beside take way too many photos of my cats? I made some cookies! In honor of valentine's day I made heart shaped cocoa fudge cookies. Usually these are just round cookies, but I carefully shaped them into hearts. I have never done that before, but I think it worked out fairly well. The cold, black hearts...

1 Comments:

Blogger elizabeth said...

cookies look yummy! and i'm so jealous of all that snow :)

9:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

I *Heart* Craftster
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next
« Blog Baltimore »