Friday, March 09, 2007

The Joys of H-Mart

H-Mart is a massive Korean grocery store chain. I've been hearing rave reviews about it from lots of different people. My dad told me about the fresh seafood and fish. Other friends told me about the spectacular produce at good prices. So George and I finally made a trek out to the one in Catonsville, Maryland.
We went on a Saturday night and it was packed! It felt like we went on a mini-vacation. Most of the food labels don't even have English on them, or if the product is identified then there aren't any directions in English. Nonetheless, we picked up a few things. I had to come away with something from the sweets aisle and Choco Boy it was.

But there were tons of other cute little boxes full of good stuff I'm sure. I'll just have to try something different each time.
We also got some salmon and cooked Udon noodles, which we used to make a meal a little later on. We also go some frozen dumplings, a box of mango juice, cheap scallions and avocados. I'm happy to say the avocados rippened like a dream and I even had one on a turkey sandwich today--mmm--decadent. The mango juice is long gone, and it was some of the best I've had. The lady in front of us in line had the right idea. She saw the mango juice in our basket and asked where we got it. I went and got some for her, but she wanted two. I'd say two is the right answer.
It was a fun trip and I now know where to go for my Hello Kitty needs if I happen to have them. But I'd love to hear suggestions about what to get there. Any favorites or recipes people can recommend?

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Rachel said...

I have a ton of recipes on my blog using HMART ingredients. I also posted about it here:
http://foodmaven.blogspot.com/2007/01/whats-in-my-basket.html

10:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They look like shrooms!!! and its totaly promoting the use of druggs lol i loveee it

4:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

I *Heart* Craftster
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next
« Blog Baltimore »