Friday, March 02, 2007

Photoshop

So one of the reasons I haven't been posting much lately is because I've been busy. I started a Photoshop class a couple weeks ago. All I really knew how to do in Photoshop was resize images and mess with the contrast and brightness so images would look good on my website. But I really wanted to learn how to do more and improve how I take and edit photos for my shop site.

The class has been fun so far and really opened my eyes to how powerful the program is. In a way it's disturbing how much photo-manipulation can take place. Yeah, putting a watermark on your photo--not so much protection it turns out. But it's also fun. I had no idea you could change the color of someone's shirt or car. The way I would have done it would be select it and then use the fill bucket. Yeah, I'm not to0 bright with the graphic stuff sometimes. And I did think, but how would that keep the shadows and pockets. Clearly I grew up with very primitive computer art programs.


But check it out! Which one is my real shirt color? Green or brown? For those with quick eyes it not too hard to tell.

It's neither or them.
So tricky.
The real color is purple. It's hard to get the little pieces of the tank where my hair is over it and a few other curves. But I'm still impressed with the technology--or really, I suppose I'm just amusing myself.


I wish I had that tank is green and brown though. I imagine everyone who learns Photoshop goes through this phase. (The one where your expand your virtual wardrobe by changing all your clothing in photos.) But I am tempted to take a photo of Mr. Pink and really make him pink.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i don't think i ever changed the colors of my clothes. i suppose i never really cared about that kind of stuff i was always trying to master the pen tool. now i'm super fast and good with it, cause clipping paths can be your best friend as a designer. And if you are good at them...art directors will want to be your friend.

i just liked learning how to get rid of my dark circles and puffy eyes and uneven skin tones. fun fun

11:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

I *Heart* Craftster
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next
« Blog Baltimore »