Monday, September 18, 2006

Jay makes me happy!

I've been waiting for Jay McCarrol's (winner of Project Runway first season) collection since his win. And it was worth the wait. From what I've seen of his show, Transport, at Fashion Week it was all Jay--kooky and fun and wearable. I love how Jay creates his own patterns and shapes with fabric and colors. I might not wear the outfits as they go down the runway, but there are great pieces. There are some many layers in his looks that you have so many pieces to choose from.

I love the cardigan/hoodies in the first (both of them!) and third photo and the details in the two dresses are beautiful. You can see more photos and a little video here. I can't wait until some of his stuff gets into stores or is sold online. I hope I can afford something!
I also love this quote from an article in the Baltimore Sun: "He also wants to make clothes for the 'uncool girls,' McCarroll says.
'I'm not a sexual designer. I hate that,' he says. 'Sexy comes from within.'"
Yay Jay!

1 Comments:

Blogger Lauren Messiah said...

The black outfit it awesome.

9:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

I *Heart* Craftster
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next
« Blog Baltimore »