Thursday, September 14, 2006

Hey Canada!

A few months ago I got an email press inquiry from a magazine in Toronto called Viva, described to me as a natural health magazine. Of course, I don't live in Toronto, although I have visited the charming city. So I tried to find out some information about the little magazine but really came up empty handed. Eventually I decided that if I just sent one of my fabric flowers pins to be featured and it ended up a scam I was only out one pin. I know--I'm so paranoid, right?
But this month was the month for my pin to be featured in Viva's Eco-Chic section. I got a pdf of the layout with other fellow eco-chic designers. And it looks good, very pretty and legit.
I've shrunk it down and cropped it, but you get the idea.

You probably can't read the content, but it says that I like to make people smile. I was a little bemused by that. I suppose it's true in a way. I certainly never say things like that. Most of my life I've been the person people tell to smile. "Why don't you smile." Yeah, that doesn't make me want to smile. So that little blurb just struck me as funny, personally.
But any of you out there in blog land know about this magazine? I'd love to know if you really do see it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Karyn said...

Congratulations! I live about an hour from Toronto. Although I won't be there in the near future, I'll look around the book stores here and see if I can find a copy for you. Going camping this weekend, so it won't be until early next week.

5:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

I *Heart* Craftster
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next
« Blog Baltimore »