Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Calling Vintage Lovers

I did a lot of shopping this past weekend. I was in and out of antique stores and thrift shops and I found some lovely fabric in the form of tablecloths, bedsheets, and leftovers. Usually I don't have any problem cutting right into things because I really believe I'm going to turn the fabric into better things. Sometimes the fabric can't even all be used, but I get the best of it and create good stuff.
But I also picked up a vintage bathing suit this weekend. I was attracted to the fabric right away. But when I got it home I thought, maybe I'll just cut up the coverup that came with it and see if someone wants the suit because it is in such superb condition and has such cute details. And now I'm thinking, maybe I shouldn't cut into the cover up either because, afterall, they go together and maybe that's a real find (and the buttons are so sweet on the cover up.)





So if anyone has any idea if this suit is too good to cut up of knows someone or some shop that might be interested in it, please let me know. It's a GaBar swimsuit, size 16, so more like a size 6-8 now.



2 Comments:

Blogger Karyn said...

As I recall, when I had difficulty cutting the duvet cover I bought...your advice to me was CUT it! (you even used capital letters) he he he...
The fabric is awesome, I think I'd be recycling it.
Awesome find!

11:37 PM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

It's so true. I've told so many people to CUT it! but I just feel hesitant for some reason with this one. Maybe I'll go back to my plan of just uctting the coverup.

8:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

I *Heart* Craftster
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next
« Blog Baltimore »