Thursday, September 07, 2006

It's a Tough City and other randomness

Just a couple of days ago we noted a disturbing development in the back of our apartment building--teddybear abuse. The poor thing. I guess it came from the building next to us where our rental company is doing extensive work-gutting and renovating. But for some reason the poor teddy wasn't just thrown in the dumpster weeks ago with all the other junk in the place. No, the big guy is just stuck outside now. Witness:


Yes his ears are missing, but that could have been done by years of love--I hope anyway. He was out there during the rain we had over the weekend and the rainspout is right by his head. I wonder how long he'll stay there? The construction works probably think it's funny. It might be different he was propped up and sitting, like a mascot for them, but he just wedged in there. Maybe I'll stage a late night rescue--to the trashcan, at least it's dignity!

I've been working on a bunch of new handbags, they're like mini-messenger bags really because you can wear them across your chest. They're all in fabric I associate with fall and winter--corduroy and heavier upholstery fabrics. The one below is one of my favorites. It's a one-of-a-kind.

There was only so much fabric. I think I'll have enough for a new heftier clutch pattern I'm working on though. Anyway, this bag is now at Doubledutch boutique in Baltimore.

1 Comments:

Blogger Karyn said...

Poor teddy and I love that bag!

7:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

I *Heart* Craftster
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next
« Blog Baltimore »