Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Self Portrait Tuesday

This is the last Tuesday for the "All of Me" challenge. I'm not sure this was the best challenge for February. It's just a horrible month for me. Despite being the shortest month of the year, it just drags and drags. I feel so stagnant during February. I'm glad today is the last day. March will certainly feel like a move forward.
I didn't love this "All of Me" challenge. Especially because I'm already hard on myself in February because I loose motivation and energy, I didn't really want to document those parts of myself I don't want to deal with and expose them to the internet. So I'm framing this challenge in a physical way. When I take photos I don't make sure they're perfect anyway. I don't wear makeup. I guess I feel like I'm pretty good at accepting myself, at least my outer, physical self. So this last photo is actually one that I was surprised that I liked. George took it last summer when we were on vacation for a week at the beach. I had only awoken from a nap a little earlier. And I was a little cranky, in fact, I think I'm mid whine. But I actually think it's a, dare I say, sexy photo.

In high school I was self conscious about my big arms. I've always had big bulky arms. I'm strong, but still, when trying on dresses to go to the Christmas dance with my gay friend, it was hard when both of the guys with me were like, "Oh my god, look at your arms!" But I'm fine with them now. They fit my body and I like being strong. I have no problem wearing sleeveless shirts. And while you might think I have some streaks in my hair from the sun, those are my grays. I started getting them in college. I inherited them directly from my dad who also grayed early. He always looked for gray hairs on my brothers, but I'm the one who got them. Thanks Dad!
So that completes the "All of Me" challenge. I hope those who have participated won't be so harsh on themselves. I'm looking forward to the next challenge about documenting time. I've already got an idea for next week. I need to start documenting tomorrow!

1 Comments:

Blogger Rebecca said...

Ha! I love how annoyance equals sexy. And no, Beth, I will never appear in American Apparel ads. That guy is icky!

9:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

I *Heart* Craftster
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next
« Blog Baltimore »