Sunday, July 29, 2007

Weekend Projects

I started one long craft project this weekend and finished a quick reconstruction project. Heather, a fellow Mafia member, helped me begin to crochet this weekend. I want to make a tote out of plastic grocery bags, but I don't even know how to crochet. So Heather thought it would be a good idea to start with some easy yarn. Sounds good. Crocheting is certainly easier than my foray into knitting last winter. I haven't given up on knitting, but I have taken a break. In anycase, I need some practice before I can start in on the plastic grocery bag "yarn." Thanks Heather! I will be asking for more help soon!

I also did a quick project this weekend. It feels so good to do a quick project that works out well. Here's the before:

I got this shows from Payless awhile ago. They hac cute little flowers on them but Mr. Pink chewed them up, he's so dog-like. So I cut the flowers off and that's the stump you see. I thought they would be cute with some vintage buttons on them, so I sorted through my newly organized buttons and came up with some good looking ones and just used embroidery floss to stitch them on. Wah-la!


I love black flats. I don't think a girl can have too many.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! You're most welcome! Love the buttons, too!

10:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your "new" shoes are adorable! :-D

http://www.kukaru.com

7:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why can't I have incredible ideas like that!?!

6:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

I *Heart* Craftster
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next
« Blog Baltimore »