Monday, June 11, 2007

No Roadshow for me

I watch Antiques Roadshow. Maybe that's dorky or something younger folk sign about their parents. But I like it and there's certainly nothing better on Monday night. I love it when people find out something is worth a lot of money and freak out or even better when something is a fake. Or this really aloof woman after being told her massive Asian table was worth something like $35,000 sniffed and said she though it would be worth more. I also like exclaiming that I would sell the ugly things that are worth lots of money.
So was elated to find out that the Roadshow was going on tour this summer and coming to Baltimore. I submitted my application for tickets and waiting thinking for sure I would get them. But it was not meant to be. My dreams were dashed. I even had the items I was going to take with me.

And George just told me today that he saw people selling Roadshow tickets--strictly prohibited--on Criagslist. GASP!
"By applying for tickets, applicants acknowledge compliance with these rules and regulations including all eligibility requirements included herein. ... Tickets are for personal use only, have no commercial value, and resale is strictly prohibited." --From the Antiques Roadshow website.
I may try to get the tickets being listed for $1, but it still pisses me off.

2 Comments:

Blogger Beth said...

Oh, that sucks! I really thought you were going to get to go. I guess you could buy those people's tickets, though. But they should be giving them away, not selling. Shame on them.

9:45 PM  
Blogger Laura, Fisk and Fern said...

i love the antiques roadshow! i saw one of twins who appraises the furniture (?) and gasped with glee.

5:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

I *Heart* Craftster
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next
« Blog Baltimore »