Friday, May 25, 2007

Oh Target

I like Target. Out of all the big box chain stores it's the one I shop at. And they have some cool ideas about bringing design to the mainstream what with their design for all and Go designers. And when I saw this bag:

I thought, woah, Amy Butler is using her fabrics at Target? I mean take a look at Amy Butler's color palettes and designs below and tell me you wouldn't think that too.


But that's not Amy Butler farbic. To which I say, Come on, Target! Don't do that. When the fabric pattern is so close to a designers, so close I really thought it was her fabric, I think you crossed a line. Do you really need to rip off small designers and businesses?
Boo!

2 Comments:

Blogger Beth said...

Yeah, it looks a LOT like that one in the top left of the first image. I've heard Urban Outfitters and Anthropologie accused of doing the same thing... though lately it seems that Anthro has decided to use the independent designers, because they've realized people are willing to pay for the real thing. I wonder if it's too hard for someone who isn't established (like Cynthia Rowley or Isaac M) to partner with Target - I suspect they offer more exposure than they do money. But who knows.

2:15 PM  
Blogger digibudi said...

Love your blog! But about the Amy Butler fabric, I don't think she invented that kind of fabric style. It's just vintage wallpaper design, in my point of view. :)
And the colors are just trendy colors. Hmmm, maybe I'm wrong, and they did snatched it from her portfolio! greetz! from belgium

8:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

I *Heart* Craftster
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next
« Blog Baltimore »