Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Spring is here and my cold is staying

My spring show schedule started with a wimper and not a bang. Or more aptly is started with a sniffle and croak. I got a horrible cold while on vacation in New York. It was the week that they got records amount of rain. Good thing we brought our umbrellas.
This cold is a doozy and it likes me so much it doesn't want to leave. I missed the Richmond Spring BadaBing. Trust me. It was much better that I just slathered my self in Vicks Vapor Rub and stayed in bed. The next day I got laryngitis. And not in the deep husky voice kind of way. The doctor now has me on some medicine to clear out my sinuses as he thinks it postnasal drip causing me to cough for weeks. But just today I've been sneezing and sniffling. Sigh.
But for the most part I am feeling better.
While in New York and rain I did make one good find. In the Showplace Antique Center on the first floor in the back was this little booth stuffed and I do mean stuffed with vintage fabric and buttons. The little lady was actually snoozing amongst her goods but I loitered until she woke up. I didn't get a lot from her, just three small squares and one yard of fabric. But it was very satisfying.
I'm going to try to kick off the spring show season for real this Saturday at the Spring Art Mart in Baltimore. Come out and see the show if you're in the area. More information on the Art Mart

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

I *Heart* Craftster
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next
« Blog Baltimore »