Thursday, May 24, 2007

Reisterstown Bloomin ArtFest Review

I think I've learned my lesson about doing shows without websites. This is Rachel's* rule, and now I agree. I shared the booth with Meghann and Jo or Meghann and Jo Aprons*. I must say, our good went very well together and one woman bought an apron from them and a bag from me. That's one lady with impeccable taste!
Tons of people did show up for the event--attendance wasn't a problem. But I did feel it was misrepresented. It was advertised as a Art Festival drawing in people interested in "fine arts and quality crafts." Really, it was more of a street fair. People came to walk around with their dogs and kids, listen to music and eat funnel cake. That's not necessarily a bad thing, I love funnel cake myself. But it wasn't a good place for sales.
However, the whole day was amusing. Hanging out with Meghann and Jo was great fun. And Resiterstown was in rare form, just a glimpse:
1. A giant inflatable cow inflating right down the street.
2. An entire dojo of kids in uniform parading down the sidewalk
3. Middle school students sings and danding to a Disney medly (sequins were involved).
4. Some random dude pumping iron behind the bike shop across the street from us.
5. AND a dog pooped in our booth!
We didn't even know if until a shopper almost stepped in it. Who lets their dog do that in someone's space?!? Jo and I had to clean up the mess which had gotten spread around a bit. Ewww.
None of us brought a camera though so nothing was captured, only in our minds and memories.

*All vendors mentioned in this post will be at Art Star Craft Bazaar in Philadelphia June 2 and 3.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

As I was also a vendor was very pleased with the event. I never experienced any of this nor did I hear of it from anyone. I thought the music was local and wonderful and the sequence was from the very talented children of Maryland sings who were invited to our nation's capitol to perform for the president. As for funnel cakes that's the Kawainis club of Reisterstown, their volunteer's mission is helping one child at a time. They riase money to help children and they also sponsor the children's area at this event. Small local festivals have art of many flavors as well as their townspeople have dogs as well as children that also like to attend to see neighbors and and friends. It's a shame you did not sell as many goods as you wanted to but this negative information doesn't help small towns prosperity and success.

6:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ArtFest is WONDERFUL! Really shows off this eclectic neighborhood - my booth did well - and the space price was cheap.

2:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My husband and I always look forward to it. Love the music, too. It is run by volunteers and the do have a site www.Bloominartsfest.com. You cna always request that people not bring their dogs into your booth...

11:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

I *Heart* Craftster
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next
« Blog Baltimore »