Sunday, June 10, 2007

Art Star 07 Review

I'm later getting up the review of Art Star in Philly held last weekend. It was a two day show and unfortunately, it didn't make me long to do more two days shows. They're pretty exhausting. Saturday was hot, hotter than hot. Wow, it was hot. George and I brought a coolers to keep things cool, so luckily all the water bottles we went through we nice and cold. The next day we came with all out water bottles filled and didn't even get through out first big one because it was cold, cloudy and rainy all day. People still came out though. I didn't get around to see everyone there, it was a big show. The first day was too hot to move and I only really got up to go to the bathroom and the second day I was chilly and just carried an umbrella around to a few people. So I didn't get as much stuff as I wanted for myself.
I met designer Julianna Holowka and got some of her hilarious Mean Cards. I'm hoping to see her at more future shows. You've got to go check some of them out.
I also met Katie Parker and Guy Michael Davis who both work in porcelain and cermaics in Columbus, OH. I made a trade with them and got ceiling fan mugs and a mircobe platter.


Oooohh, aren't they pretty and fun. I can't wait to serve up some cookie on the little microbe guys.
Here's my booth on the first day.
I'm hoping to make some big changes in my look by my next show. I want a new tablecloth in a new color and viynl banner and some new display racks. I haven't been happy with how everything looks lately.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

I *Heart* Craftster
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next
« Blog Baltimore »