Thursday, April 10, 2008

Help a fellow crafter!

If you're local knitter and you haven't yet checked out Lovelyarns in Hampden, here's your perfect chance!
I'll let Heather's own words explain, "my local yarn shop owner has organized a Saturday (like this) knitting session where everyone will be charged to attend, then she’s pledged to match the funds raised to help with Zander's medical expenses. I stopped in to the shop today (for Mental Health Wednesday, of course), and already there have been donations. A huge thank-you to everyone who has and who will contribute- it is so moving to me that this whole community cares about my baby (who, according to Sue, is officially a giant). I also want to say, before I forget, that the event at Lovelyarns is happening (and this is quite by accident, I assure you) on Zander’s 4th birthday, April the 12th."


For the whole story, check out Heather's blog.

But seriously, knitters, make a day of it. It's a great shop, get lunch at Soup's On just a couple of doors down, and window shop and poke around in all the antique and junk stores. Sounds like a good day to me! And do good!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

I *Heart* Craftster
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next
« Blog Baltimore »